Friday 23 May 2008

Last Camp

Just finished my last camp yesterday... I wont be doing anymore camps for the next 2 years coz the bloody government wants me to go and train up and protect the nation.. not that army sucks, but the feeling is just pretty shitty being controlled for 2 years when i've been controlling campers for 4 years...

It was Bedok Green(OH WAIT!!!), Bukit View(OH WAIT!!!) no no no.. its BEDOK VIEW!!! haha... i've been mistaking the school for bedok green and bukit view for the whole camp.. i am sure you know why... Its andrew's camp and bloody hell!! MY LAST CAMP IN St. John's Island... Initially i was cursing and swearing coz i always hear people saying that st john island is a very siong place to run camp, coz i nv do any camps in there before.. but it turned out to be pretty easy...

During PCB, i was telling andrew its my last camp, give me a normal tech or a normal acad class coz i've always been motivating these kinda students, but i had never taken them for camps before.. so andrew agreed to give me a normal acad class... and he gave me miao xia as my mirror..

When we reached the school, miao xia and i took our grp and i broke the ice between the students and us.. Miao Xia was quite attached to the group already when andrew asked her to leave me for denson's class... so i had to the class all alone.. what a thing to happen on my last camp actually.. 29 students fr me to handle.. actually i could handle but i thought maybe my last camp i will just be ait slack.. bt i think God had a different plan for me.. so i decided to give my best in the camp...

I thought maybe i should try a different way for doing this camp... i did lesser physical stuff bt more learning points.. and it turned out well.. teacher in charge followed my class for one day and seems like she was impressed with the way i handle the bunch of kids...

Had zhong wen as my buddy for rah rah session.. really had quite a good chemistry with him.. first day rah rah was super fun and funny.. really must grab him back to camp and do rah rah together when i ORD..

Andrew praised me for my job in the camp too which made me feel good, and plus he said that he teacher in charge particularly pointed me out as a good and experienced instructor.. it really boosted my morale...

With my morale up high there, i lead the instructors to rah rah the whole cohort in the canteen... it was an awesome session while we waited for the 2nd boat to reach..

Went for lunch in tampines sec coz andrew had a PCB there.. all instructors plus some from the other camp came together in tampines sec.. 23 of us were there supporting him in just a PCB for the students..

Here the fun part that the western guys had.. On the way home driving, we started going every school and shout oie at the students who just finished school.. damn funny session.. Bukit view, hong kah, jurong west, fuhua, yuhua, jjc and dunno what other school..

hmm overall, it has been an awesome experience in this industry.. till 2 years time...

No comments: